Hsin Lin is a Melbourne-based award-winning artist who specializes in contemporary floral paintings. In both her expressive and realistic works, Lin has devoted herself to capturing the beauty and serenity embodied by the floral motifs she paints. Lin was featured in Australia Artist’s Palette magazine in 2017. She has exhibited widely and been recognized in various local art shows including the Camberwell Art Show, The Victorian Artists Society, amongst others. Lin has work in the permanent collection of the Mental Health Foundation Australia (MHFA), she was the winner of the National Mental Health Month Art Competition (2019), runner-up in 2020 and 3rd Prize winner in 2021. Her artworks are held in numerous private collections across Australia and internationally. Additional exhibitions include Maroondah City Council’s Public Art project Signal Boxes (2021), BioPak Australia Art Series (2018), and Avant Card Australia Postcard (2017).
HSIN LIN, Award-winning Artist based in Melbourne, Australia.
In Hsin Lin’s ongoing, signature contemporary floral series that feature native and common flowers we know, flowers represent life and each different type of flower has a unique symbolic meaning.
Lin is inspired by her close observation of the natural world. Through a process of careful looking Lin is able to capture an incredible amount of intricate detail. To create the larger-scale work, Lin normally spends 6-9 months developing the intricate composition. The fine details such as the tiny petals have been developed through ten or more layers of paint. Lin describes that ‘although still-life is considered a traditional genre, each object in the paintings stands for a different meaning and has its own story. Flowers represent us as humans, vases represent the body carrying our soul, protecting us like a shield. The weaving basket stands for connections—the bonds between families, friends and all the people around us. Even if you are apart, everyone is still being linked together as a whole and we are stronger together.’ Lin’s paintings, a series of flowers in full bloom, remind us that we are alive and that life is vibrant, blossoming and full of potential.
*Sept 2021 – 3rd Prize of National Mental Health Month Art Competition 2021.
*June 2021 - Winner of SINGULART studio competition. (Paris, France)
*Sept 2020 - 2nd Prize of National Mental Health Month Art Competition 2020.
*Mar 2020 - Highly Commended in Victorian Artists Society George Hicks Foundation Contemporary Exhibition.
* Sept 2019 -Winner of National Mental Health Month Art Competition 2019.
* April 2019 - 2nd Prize - A LIFE TIME JOURNEY in The Hut Gallery Annual Exhibition.
*March 2019 - Runner Up in Hydrocryl #floralart competition.
*Jan 2019 - Finalists in 2019 Art Lovers Prize.
* Oct 2018 - Commended in The Hut Gallery Allen & Peg Lowe Annual Award Exhibition.
* April 2018 - Highly Commended in The Hut Gallery Open Award Exhibition.
* Sept 2017 -Highly Commended in Box Hill Art Group Annual Exhibition.
*April 2022 –Artist Interview- Creativity is always in full bloom with Hsin Lin. Published by Mont Marte Art
*Feb 2022 –Interview with the Artist: Hsin Lin - Bloom Like Flowers. Published by Amy Freund, Editorial and Publications Officer, Maroondah City Council's blog.
*Dec 2021 –BEING AN ARTIST DURING THE COVID LOCKDOWN - HSIN LIN - Artist Interview featured on Victorian Artists Society Members' Magazine. Featured Artwork – A Life Time Story (2021)
* Nov 2021 - Hsin Lin-Blossoms of Life- exhibition featured on Knox City Council's Press, Immerse 2021.
*August 2021 - Mont Marte Art Gallery featured Artist.
*July 2021-Artwork is chosen by Maroondah City Council signal boxes project- Celebrating local cultural vibrancy.
*July 2020 - Artist Interview with ColourSpace Australia -Appreciating Art with Hsin Lin.
*Dec 2019 Dahlias – a winning message for Mental Health Month. Artist interview and artwork–TRUST ME featured on Ferntree Gully Newspaper Issue 62.
* Oct 2019 - Ready and Waiting- has been judged as the winner of the National Mental Health Month Art Competition and is used to produce the official poster for National Mental Health Month 2019.
* SEPT 2019 – Featured artwork - A Life Time Journey - on Immerse artist map by Knox City Council.
* SEPT 2018 - To Be with You - chosen by BioPak Australia Art Series and printed on more than 50,000 Eco-friendly cups distributed nationally in Australia.
* March 2018 - Demonstrator / Featured artist at Sherbrooke Art Gallery, Victoria, Australia.
* August 2017 - Featured artist in Australia Artist’s Palette Magazine No.154.
* March 2017 - Artwork - Trust Me - chosen and published by Avant Card Australia Postcard series.
We would like to pay our respects to the traditional owners of the land on which our building stands, their leaders, past, present and emerging.