To help protect our community’s health against COVID-19, from 5 November 2021 all visitors to the Victorian Artists Society galleries, including staff, students in art classes and artists involved in exhibitions, will need to be fully vaccinated and must provide a COVID-19 vaccine certificate or a valid medical exemption upon entry to the galleries.
The vaccine certificate can be provided digitally from a mobile phone or by showing a printed copy to the receptionist. Find more information on obtaining your vaccination certificate here (https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/get-your-covid-19-digital-certificate).
Acceptable proof of vaccination status (with proof of ID) includes any of the following:
- COVID-19 Digital Certificate uploaded to the Services Victoria app
- COVID-19 Digital Certificate uploaded to phone wallet
- Official Australian Immunisation Register certificate
- Printed COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Medical exemption with valid, original letter signed and issued by a specified medical practitioner
Please note the following will not be accepted as proof of vaccination status:
- Vaccine appointment card
- Valid vaccination documentation without proof of ID
- Negative COVID-19 test result
Advice on Classes, Exhibitions and Events at VAS
As per the Victorian Government’s roadmap to easing restrictions (https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/victorias-roadmap), from 5 November art classes and the VAS gallery will reopen to fully vaccinated visitors. These measures are necessary to ensure the safety of our staff, teachers, students and visitors.
- Classes: Any students enrolled in term 3 classes at VAS who are unvaccinated and do not have a medical exemption may transfer the unused cost of the class to a credit in a future course. Alternatively, we can refund the remaining cost of any classes not yet completed.
- Exhibitions: Unvaccinated artists without medical exemptions entering work into exhibitions (including those invited to exhibit in the VAS Mavis Little Artist of the Year Award Exhibition) may organise to have the work delivered by a fully vaccinated family member or associate, or may, while wearing a mask, hand the work to a member of staff outside of the building.
- Events: Events will open only to fully vaccinated artists and visitors, or to those with medical exemptions. VAS will be maintaining strict number limits on both events and classes to comply with Victorian Government Regulations.
Ongoing COVID-19 safety regulations
Visitors to the Victorian Artists Society galleries will need to continue to follow COVID-safe practices, including:
- Signing in using a QR code at the entrance or front desk
- Sanitising hands upon entry and exit into the building
- Coughing or sneezing into your arm
- Practising physical distancing
- No more than 109 people in the building at one time.
- No more than 12 people in the VAS Studio at one time, including the teacher and model.
Stay home if:
- You are feeling unwell, have a cough, fever or sore throat
- Have been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case.
Eileen Mackley AM FVAS VAS
Victorian Artists Society